Sunday, July 6, 2008

Not Sure What to Think...

My husband informs me that sometimes men have absolutely nothing going on inside their heads...not often, but sometimes. Absolute blank. He wants to assure you all that he's not talking about 24/7 but simply once in a while. However I think all ladies everywhere will agree with me that the fact that it happens AT ALL is mind-boggling. Yesterday, for example, we were discussing this because he had been looking at the ceiling for a good five minutes and seemed completely entertained by it. I said, "what are you thinking about?" and he said "nothing. Sometimes guys think of nothing." After squeezing a little harder for information he admitted that a pattern in the ceiling reminded him of a warthog. "And...?" I said. But that was all, I am told. Nothingnothingnothingnothing WARTHOG nothingnothingnothingnothing. I informed him that as a female I would immediately think of ten different things at once, including how much I like pork, how glad I am that I am not Jewish, how funny I thought Pumba from the Lion King was when I was eleven (okay, and still today) and the fact that another spot in the corner looks like Abraham Lincoln. He blinked twice.
Now, in a dramatic turn of events, this same boy is crushing my pre-natal pill to a powder so that i can swallow it without barfing...and saying out loud to himself/me: "I'm like an ancient Indian grinding maize! Maize is corn, I'm grinding corn! Deny it!" and so on and so forth. Is this the same person? He says I'm over dramatizing, but let's face it...I'm not the one who goes off on Native American fantasies just because I happen to be squishing a pill with a spoon (for the record I think it's cute. Also love the early-morning Phil Collins songs.) So I guess I don't really believe this non-thinking theory and would like to get more information from Men Who Know(ahaha Sis. Beck.) Support here, anyone?

4 comments:

Bran said...

No, I promise, it's actually true... As deep in thought as I seem as I zombie-walk my way across campus... Usually there's absolutely nothing going on up there. When women say, "nothing," it means that someone needs to probe and use their ESP to figure out what they are really thinking. When men say, "nothing," it's actually quite true...

Sarah Gessel said...

Dantzel wassup. I am glad you have some new blood to bring to another generation of MTC workers. Make sure you teach the kid the art of sandwich wrapping or it will be all for naught.

Danielle said...

brilliant. you guys crack me up.

dinnertime said...

ummmm... sorry, I forgot what I was going to say. My mind just went blank.