Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fajita Frustration

So, the other day I was eating some leftover fajitas that my lovely wife had made. They were really good, by the way. I glanced at the tortilla package, whose brand name will remain anonymous (maybe all tortilla packages are like this, but this is the first time I’ve noticed.) It had written on it “Can Be Refrigerated.” Why on earth would they care to print this? Isn’t every food item able to be put into a fridge? I can’t think of anything that would be negatively affected if put into a refrigerator. If they meant that these tortillas will last longer or taste better if they are refrigerated, then they should have put something like “Refrigeration is recommended” or “For best quality, refrigerate after opening.” It’s like a pen maker printing “Can be placed in a pen cup on your desk” on all the pens they make. Yes we know that we have the ability to put tortillas in the fridge and in the cupboard and that we can probably eat them too. Why do you feel the need to tell us?

1 comment:

Bran said...

Things that shouldn't be put in the refrigerater....
1. Peanut Butter
2. Peanut Butter cookie dough
3. Nutella
4. Bananas
5. Leftovers that nobody intends to eat even in cases of major famine
6. The Baby
7. Ice cream
8. Popcycles

Some of us, with less endowed brains than yourself, need the little reminders now and then....