


Hey, so this one time we had a kid.
Henry Giovanni Cenatiempo was born Tuesday, January 13th at 8:35 pm. He weighed 8 lbs. 3 oz. and was 20.5 inches long...I don't know his head circumference but it was something like "way too big to fit through my wazoo" inches. Yep, they cut an episiotomy. But just a teensy one. The labor was actually only about 5 hours and super easy, especially after I got that kick-butt epidural, no pun intended. I highly recommend those. "Epidural" is not really an accurate name for them, I would have named it "the magical joy tube." We got induced, but I couldn't even feel most of the contractions no matter how much they turned up the Pitocin, which was fantastic because it meant that most of the labor was actually spent watching the Simpsons and Oprah and drinkin juice. Recovering from my stitches afterwards was slightly less great--but thanks to the almighty power of Percocet, not impossible either. And guess what! The baby looks more like Dustin than me, which makes him really cute, and i guess my point is that given the incredible cuteness and the easy birth, I'm ready to do this again anytime! (Read: in a couple more years)
Everybody go reproduce!
2 comments:
That is the best blog entry ever! A little graphic, but I love it.
Awwww, he is so cute! And thank you thank you thank you for not sharing disgusting birth details. I can't even tell you how many months--nay, YEARS--my planned-conception-date has been bumped back because of a super-nasty birth story. Bless you. Your baby is precious and I want to cuddle him. Congratulations!
Post a Comment