Thursday, February 26, 2009

Once upon a time I tried to remember how to make homemade spaghetti sauce and I got the spices right, but not the consistency. We won't go into its puddle-like characteristics, it's too depressing...anyway, Dustin helpfully suggested adding corn starch but I said something along the lines of "Do you want nasty lumps in your sauce?" First of all, he joyfully yelled "LUMPS!" Then he got this confused look on his face as he realized what kind of lumps they would be.

"Gross ones," I pointed out.

He frowned in concentration. "Like the consistency of those, what are they called, Neco wafer candies? Oh, wait, I meant to say those Neco things."

We laughed so hard we cried. Not only at the fact that he thought the more correct name was "Neco things" AND the image of Neco wafers floating in spaghetti sauce, but also Dustin's obvious excitement (he LOVES them) and I told him that if he made me laugh any harder I would have swallowed my uvula.

"Honey!" Dustin gave me a horrified look. "You're not supposed to HAVE one of those up there! This is really serious. You'd better go on a TV show and be examined."

He wants to point out he was joking, and I want to point out that I honestly couldn't tell.

1 comment:

Bran said...

Poppa Dustin... I have a question... What's a uvula?