Monday, January 5, 2009

Shower Thoughts

The shower is a good place to do a lot of pondering. But since pondering takes too much thought, the best I can do is read the backs of bottles. The other day I read the label of a bottle of shampoo/conditioner/body wash/shower gel/bubble bath. It said that they did not test this product on animals. Really? That's too bad. The way I see it, there are only two options if you don't test these things on animals:

1. The product is not tested. This, obviously, means that the product is low quality or could cause harm to you when it gets in your eyes. Not a good thing.

2. The product is tested on humans. And this is better than testing on animals? Call me crazy, but if you have to test a product to see its effects, I would say it is more moral to test on animals than it is to test on humans.

There is probably a lot more involved in this issue, but it seems to me that something isn't right.

1 comment:

rachel b. said...

I'll be honest, my life just get a little awesomer. So glad I checked your facebook and discovered this blog. But it probably doesn't count as discovering it since it's right there on your page . . . anyway, this is Rachel Field/Brown/whatever from Monticello, so, hello! We/I have a blog, if you want to check it out . . . jeffryandrachel.blogspot.com. Yay, we can be friends again. And I hope it's okay if I still flirt with you even though you're married, and great with child. I sure hope things don't get awkward. Uhhh.