Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Whatever floats your boat

We all have motivators for things we're passionate about. I like reading for very different reasons than Dustin does...I like experiencing something through someone else's eyes, discovering new worlds, etc. Naturally I assumed Dustin's motivations were, if not the same, somewhat similar. Well, you guessed it, they're not. Here's what happens when Dustin tries to ascertain whether or not he wants to invest the time it would take to read the Harry Potter series:

Dustin: So what is the last Harry Potter book about?

Me: Well you know, they're trying to...

Dustin: No, I mean how does it end?

Me: (Trying not to give anything away) I don't...really remember...

Dustin: Okay. What I'm trying to get at is, how many people does he kill?

Me: Uh. What?

Dustin: How many people does he kill, and what spells does he use to kill them?

Me: ......

Dustin: Well does he kill anybody?

Me: I don't know. Harry Potter isn't really...

Dustin: I still want to know if he kills people before I read it.

No comments: