No seriously. I should probably find that stupid diary, but I won't. I honestly don't have the attention span God gave a goldfish.
Since last time, our little fella has turned the big 0-3. Actually Henry's birthday party was a few weeks ago. Oops. I didn't really take any good pictures. Double oops.
Luckily Diane & Co. showed up and took pictures for me like the nice folks they are. Talk about being the life of the party--they made up half the people there!
Diane and her kids are SO good with babies; same with my grandma. (Sierra and Katie too actually. I guess they've all had lots of practice.) Cora--gangster name "Li'l Chubs"--got plenty of attention.
Also I'm pretty sure Cousin Nate and Henry share a brain. Nate got him a book about Mater (from the Disney-Pixar Cars series, just in case anybody lives a normal life and doesn't know everything about those movies already.) Our boy hasn't put this book down for more than a couple hours since he got it. He sleeps with it. He seems convinced that it's his firstborn child.
Anyway, back to the party. Thanks to everyone who came, Henry had a great time:
Furthermore, he made out like a bandit in the presents department:
* I got him a houseplant. Um...yeah.
* Great-Grandma Green (say that 5 times fast) brought Hot Wheels. Really, you can never go wrong with Hot Wheels. She also gave him his new favorite blanket and a Play-Doh factory...which turns out to be the gift that keeps on giving, since I am still finding bits in the carpet :) Hey, it ain't fun if it doesn't leave a stain, right?
* My mom must have gotten the memo about fun stains, because she sent a whole Montessori paint kit complete with smock. I will admit that I'm waiting for some miraculous sign from heaven before I open it (perhaps a hired maid dropping out of the blue?)
* Katie, Sierra, and Danielle & Jerry gave him TONS of fun coloring books and crayons and pencils. Also a really great book on bugs. Which takes 2nd place to the Mater book (as does everything else, including oxygen) but is still really gross and cool.
* Me and Dustin were super lame. Well, besides the houseplant and some clothes, we did okay...we gave him Hot Wheels cars (anything car-related is always a hit) and ordered a Bebe Koala collection of stories from France. When we lived in France, it was Henry's favorite book. Obviously he had not yet seen Cars.
Thankfully, he's already committed most of the Mater book to memory and is now showing a mild interest in his French books once again. He is also rediscovering sleep, food, and blinking...did I mention how much he loves Cars?
Our major concern this year is getting him potty trained. I think Mater will have to be involved.



No comments:
Post a Comment