Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Cure For Emotional Constipation


Whew! Hope I can get through this post.

Kelliann's wedding day. The first time I've seen Washington State in four years. Aka WAY too long!

She looked gorgeous. Also very French.

We've known each other since age 11, when I used to incite her to riot against poor Sister Frenzel in Primary. She never gave in, but I sure had fun trying. Is anybody really surprised?

Matrimony! I'm married,but I've always been married, right? Now my Kelli is married! Oh...and Derek was there too...small world. :)

Most of all, I realized just how much these people and this place are my home. Spending time around the folks I grew up with (who endured a lot but are still willing to smile politely when they talk to me) feels like home. Watching them dance like crazy fools (okay, I may have been the main crazy fool in this equation) feels like home. Deanne Mecham keeping her phone in her bra feels like home. Umm, no really. It totally does.

Anyway, Kelliann's wedding. Holy cow. Who knew that just writing about it would unleash a wave of crippling nostalgia? Oh right--I did, and I'm doing it anyway--

WAHHHH!

3 comments:

Dane & Adrie said...

haha love it! ps i think that is the Holy Ghost telling you to move back to washington. Just saying.

Deanne said...

Hey, it's a great pocket with easy access!

Myleka and Chris said...

It all looks wonderful you look wonderful. How is Henry and his phenomena? blog about it please. He looked so sad in the hospital bed.