I have a small class of mainly-immigrant children who are advanced for their age. So it's always surprising to realize that their age is actually 6 or 7 and that it's perfectly normal for them to say crazy things during coloring activities...like the conversation they had this morning:
Boy #1: I'm so handsome. I'll probably get married soon.
Girl #1: Tee hee hee, he said "married!"
Boy #2: You could also get divorced.
Girl #1: Oh yeah! I know about divorce. It's kind of like getting married.
Boy #2: I don't have a mommy.
Boy #1: Yes you do. I've seen your mommy. Your mommy's black.
Boy #2: Cusses in Arabic
Rest of the Class: TEACHER!!! TEACHER!!! HE JUST CUSSED IN ARABIC!
There's not enough of me to solve these problems, but it's fun to watch them interact.
2 comments:
i would like to know that the french version of "tee hee hee" is.
hmm, well actually that represents your typical snigger-giggle.
Post a Comment