Saturday, November 28, 2009

Don't Worry, Be Happy...




...even if you have to deal with a lot of garbage in one day. (Snort)

Friday night Henry came down with a fever of 102.7 and didn't feel better until about half an hour ago, but good news! His temperature is pretty much normal.

So, that was an ordeal to be sure, but thanks to rectal suppositories (a classic French favorite) Henry is back in business and I'm okay too. We weren't sure there for a minute. Anytime the baby is upset I'm ten times worse and no, in case you were wondering, that doesn't help at all. But he's all better now. I've never been so happy to see him eating and smiling and acting normal.

And even though the French government has recently asked me to pay a residency tax to keep Dustin from getting kicked out of the country and even though this was completely not mentioned by anyone before we got the official letter, let's just look at it this way: I'm getting a chance to prove my love for Dustin by shelling out a bunch of cash for him. It's equivalent to paying for him, I think. I'm buying my husband. Awesome.

Actually, that was misleading, because the French government doesn't accept cash per say. They want me to go to the city hall and buy over a dozen large "stamps" that cost between 9 and 20 euros, then present this particular combination of stamps at the immigration office in Metz. Which also involves buying a train ticket. Oh, and they made an appointment for me at this place without asking me and informed me in the letter that I need to show up. Thanks for the advance warning, freaking Sarkozy.

Anyways, back to the positive side...breathe breathe...Dustin can now say he is a 10-stamp man. 10-cow woman is slightly more impressive when you first look at it, but on the other hand these are expensive stamps and anyways, cows are kind of gross sometimes.

No comments: