So first of all sorry Diane, I know, I know you tagged me, I'm still trying to think of six unique things about myself. Much better at spotting them in other people.
Like, for example, today we discover that Dustin makes very unique comparisons.
I've been noticing lately that people, especially girls, find it hard to take their eyes off my abdomen (I remember having a similar fascination with pregnant tummies before I had to look at my own in the mirror every day.) I was telling Dustin that it reminded me of women with large cleavage who are always having to say "My eyes are up here!" Sometimes I giggle on the inside because I talk to someone who can't stop staring at my tummy and I seriously consider going "My eyes are up here," just to see what happens.
But it's not like I'm mad or anything like that, I really don't care. I just think it's funny. So in order to point out that I'm not miffed about this, I told him, "I think it's because all girls have this knowledge in the back of their mind that someday if they have kids, they'll have to be the ones getting pregnant and giving birth. So that's always sort of a trigger for us when we see a pregnant lady, you know? It's like looking at your own future, you feel a personal interest in it."
"It's exactly like when I see another guy get hit in the balls," Dustin helpfully points out.
Public Service Announcement: If you ever throw a party that involves a word-association game, I'm sorry but we can't play.
3 comments:
You guys crack me up!!!
I agree, Dustin. That is a great analogy. In fact, for guys it's even more meaningful because it's like seeing our past AND our future. We grimace because we all know the pain and simultaneously dread the possibility of it happening again.
The difference is that girls who've given birth often forget the pain and look forward to it happening again.
I often have to tell Danielle, "My eyes are up here," when I catch her staring down at my lips
Post a Comment