
Then we get back in the car, and--"Hey," says Dustin's mom, "let's go to Siena."So that's what happened. Between Florence and Rome we took a couple hours and roamed around Siena, a medieval Tuscan town that's got some really intense charm going on. Seriously. If you're headed to Italy, you're not a history/monuments buff, and you've got limited time to work with--choose Tuscany. (And maybe don't go in February...maybe try any other season except winter.) Siena, and all of Tuscany actually, is idyllic. Maybe even stereotypically idyllic.
In fact "idyllic" could sum up this entire post; I could just copy-paste the word over and over again, thus driving you all insane with the point I'm trying to make. But I guess I'll just follow the usual pattern of picturing and captioning and generally making a fuss about my life experiences with many words, rather than one--because that's just as effective when it comes to driving you all insane with the point I'm trying to make. That point being...that we went to Siena, and it was really cool. And that you SO should have been there. But unless you were, you totally weren't. Bwahahahahaaaa.
Ahhh, I'm terrible. But getting back to Siena, let me assure you that there is almost nothing Italians like better than a little wolf on a stick:

The Siena cathedral. Marble stripes are pure, unadulterated genius.

What time is it? It's scooter time.

Me taking pictures of Don taking pictures. I know, right. I'll give you a moment to scrape your brain off the ceiling.

The town square, where some kids were blowing bubbles

Another gold-painted mime, I'm loving these guys!
Obvious alert: Italian flag.
(Cue Teen Girl Squad voice) I'm in looooove with every waaaaall.

And, last but not least, my MIL practicing the ancient Italian art of well-sitting. Cute, no? And let's not forget, it was her idea to visit Siena, so everyone please be aware that Debbie scores a million-gazillion brownie points.
2 comments:
Waaaait, where are all the Tuscany photos?! I want sunflowers galore, mmk? Don't hold out on me!
Pretty sure it wasn't sunflower season OR the season when we pulled over by the side of the road to take lots of pictures...Dang! All we got are the far-off ones like that first photo...this definitely means we must go back.
Post a Comment