Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ironic, Especially If We Use Alanis Morissette's Loose Definition

I know it's been a couple weeks since Henry's birthday and I should really upload some kind of visual evidence that I have a son, and that he's one, and that I care like a good mommy. Because D) all of the above.

But here's the thing: right now in my life we have this situation where I'd really like to go use the massage gift card Sophie gave me and release some of that mounting stress-related tension in the left side of my lower back, except ironically enough I don't have time to schedule the appointment.

So, do I have time to upload the video of Henry mashing chocolate mousse into his hair? Not at the moment. Should I really be blogging at all? Probably not. We're leaving in 15 minutes to go play billiards at the Claus house as a matter of routine, when honestly I should be preparing my talk for tomorrow instead. Oh, and my lesson. Oh, and my lessons for school on Monday. And the two-week trip to Italy that we're taking in February.

At this point in time I think I've almost decided to let the kids just color on Monday so that I can do the little things like post about Henry's birthday and get a dang massage. What I guess I mean is that so help me Hippocrates, if that freaking "Henry Had a Birthday Shout Hooray" post isn't magically here by next Wednesday (as I keep fruitlessly hoping)...I guess I'll have to break down and finally write it before my brain stops functioning out of sheer shame.

Happy Saturday!

No comments: